I’ve improved the manifesto editor quite a bit this evening. These are both aimed at improving usability and reuse of the app itself for other sites.
- it is now fully integrated into the votebot app, so that people will not be signing into two different apps with their github credentials, and it’s all on the right domain.
- It now has a sort-of-wysiwig markdown editor (SimpleMDE), and help alongside the edit box to help people format their submissions correctly. It has buttons for style, links, etc. It’s brilliant!
- The confirmation page now links you to the vote view or list of all proposals on the votebot itself.
As well as that, the votebot app itself has refined voting code that will enable more flexible reuse. All this also moves us in a direction to be able to do more things in future like:
- Editing existing proposals in a nice interface
- Potentially having a Something New branded editor if we wanted to separate
So, overall, nicer UX, better help, smoother signup. One small step, but a nice one.