Repealing The Fox Hunting Ban

In the last couple of days Theresa May has indicated via BBC News on a visit to Leeds this week, that she would overturn the Fox hunting ban !

As a party what is the response regarding this from Something New ?

I anticipate that this well could be posed as question leading up to the GE2017

Unless I am mistaken, there doesn’t seem to be anything in the Manifesto about it, nor about farming/rural life at all (which is a section I would expect to see it in)

J

There’s not even been a discussion! Fear not: https://votebot.openpolitics.org.uk/proposals/525

:cry: I can’t vote yet. I think @Floppy is looking into that for me

Oh, yes, I forgot! I’ll fix that and check the rest at the same time.

@geeksareforlife fixed, you can vote now. There’s plenty open :slight_smile:

I mean, I’m against Fox Hunting, but I think it is a baiting political technique to make the left look like they care more about foxes than ‘Real Issues’.

I would say we do not support it, and go no further. There are a lot of shotgun owners up here who kill all sorts of animals, but, they are allowed. Guess I’ll go ask a Dear Stalker what he thinks.

I’ve been getting a lot of questions about Palestine, luckily the Manifesto is pretty well stocked in that area

Whilst I agree it is probably political baiting, there is a massive difference between just shooting animals and fox hunting.

The legislation doesn’t stop farmers from shooting pests (even foxes) just the actual organised hunt-with-dogs type thing.

Deer stalking is also different - that tends to be for either food, or population management.

J

You are quite correct that it is done for population management, and they do have pretty strict rules over who can do it and how they go about.

I would characterise Fox Hunting with Cock Fighting (Cruel, unneeded) and Dear Stalking, to something more akin to responsible Environment management and part of the farming infrastructure.

Sorry If I sounded a bit flippant about it.