Using Facebook effectively

How should we use Facebook effectively to gain support? @Edward_Caplen and @andrewdwilliams will both have ideas - fire away :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Obviously the best way to use it effectively is to post regularly, as that is the main way to attract support. Doing things like linking to articles is a good idea. But the biggest issue I see is finding things to post about. That’s what it comes down to. It requires a sizable chunk of time to come up with things to post about that will get people interested. The same goes for Twitter.

1 Like

I know many of the other campaigns use images that people re-share and post on their own timelines. @andrewdwilliams did a few for us, but they’re not easily-findable for sharing.

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t realise I was replying to you there @andrewdwilliams :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

It will be a struggle to find what to post so what may be an idea is to post content of the aims and ideas/ideals of the party as snippets of information for when we have little content for example I thought the post about the government using terrorist attacks to push the snoopers charter was a brilliant post.

1 Like

Okay, so we’ve had a few new people like the page, so it maybe an idea to post the parties core values upon the facebook page so people can read it. At the moment the European Union is within the headlines so it may be worth us making a post about that, if we keep our posts in line with what is being reported on the news and in media whilst keeping it relevant to our own standpoint it should be relatively easy to come up with new posting options. :slight_smile:

For example we could make a post saying that the party policy is a pro-EU stance however the negotiated terms by David Cameron are absolutely abominable and account for essentially nothing. Then push what we want out of the negotiations so people can see our view.

It feels like Facebook is likely to work best for things that are topical/trending. Taking advantage of pages that use “share-ables” could work. E.g. take a look at the likes of “Big Up the NHS”.

1 Like

I do think we need to have more people on the social media posting more often, the more often you post the more traffic you get even if it’s just a solitary article Something New would be inclined to agree with it still receives more traffic. It may be worth making our own self-catered Something New memes with the something new logo in the corner of each meme or as a water mark so people can source it back to us.

1 Like

For example, “Something New are the only political party currently proposing reforms to the Value Added Tax, also known as VAT, this is because Something New believes that reforming VAT is an essential component in ensuring we can tackle the cost of living crisis effectively and efficiently.”

FYI, I’ve now managed to merge the Something New for Horsham page into the main Something New one, so there’s one fewer bit of duplication. Yay!

Still working on the SW Surrey one though, unfortunately I’m only an editor, and the admin @PaulJRobinson has left Facebook :slight_smile:

I ran away from it screaming with my arms flailing in the air. You can’t make me walk back in there.

1 Like

I did have one idea; if you rejoined with the same email, you might be regranted the admin. You could then delete the account after transferring it over to me. Are you brave enough to try that out? :slight_smile:

Yes I’ll give that a go. Perhaps tomorrow once ive had a strong coffee

And now to get in the shower with a tub of bleach and some wirewool.

1 Like

Nice, I’m now an admin. I have to wait a week before I can merge, but it will be fine. Thanks mate :slight_smile: